Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Commander, Air Combat Command
Deputy Commander, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
CG - Air National Guard Forces Assistant to COMACC - Maj. Gen. Greg Semmel
CR - AF Reserve Mobilization Assistant to COMACC - Brig. Gen. John Breazeale
DS - Director of Staff - Col Jeffrey Phillips
IA - Political Advisor - Mr. Thomas K. Gainey
A1 - Directorate of Manpower and Personnel - Col Tiaa Henderson
A2 - Intelligence Directorate - Brig. Gen. Steven Gorski
A3 - Directorate of Air and Space Operations - Maj. Gen David B. Lyons
A4 - Directorate of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection - Brig. Gen. Jennifer Hammerstedt
A5/8/9 - Directorate of Plans, Programs and Requirements - Maj. Gen. R. Scott Jobe
A6 - Communications Directorate - Brig. Gen. Heather Blackwell
A10 - Director of Strategic Deterrence & Nuclear Integration- Mr. Lawrence Averbeck
FM - Comptroller - Col. Jack P. Gardner
HC - Command Chaplain - Col. Trent Davis
IG - Inspector General - Brig. Gen. Travolis A. Simmons
JA - Staff Judge Advocate - Col. Chris Brown
PA - Director of Public Affairs - Col. John J. Sheets
ST - Scientific Advisor to the Commander - Dr. John D. Matyjas
SE - Director of Safety - Col. Anthony Kleiger
SG - Command Surgeon - Brig. Gen. (Dr.) Robert K. Bogart
HO - Command Historian - Mr. Michael Dugre
AMIC - Acquisition Management & Integration Center - Mr. Timothy Applegate
CDO - Command Data Officer - Dr. Bereket Tanju
CDIO - Command Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Ms. Andrea Contratto
Chief Master Sgt. David W. Wade is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA. He advises the commander and staff on matters influencing the health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of all assigned personnel. The command operates more than 1,000 aircraft, 35 wings, 11 bases, and 1,348 units at more than 300 operating locations worldwide with 159,000 total force military and civilian personnel. As the Combat Air Forces lead agent, ACC develops strategy, doctrine, concepts, tactics and procedures for air-, space-, and cyber-power employment. The command provides conventional and information warfare forces to all unified commands to ensure air, space, cyber, and information superiority for warfighters and national decision-makers. The command can also be called upon to assist national agencies with intelligence, surveillance and crisis response capabilities.
Chief Wade, a native of Bismarck, North Dakota, enlisted in the Air Force in October 1992. His background includes various positions within aircraft maintenance to include Flying Crew Chief, Section Chief, Maintenance Flight Chief, Production Superintendent, Aircraft Maintenance Unit Superintendent and Group Superintendent.
Prior to his current position, Chief Wade was the Command Chief for Ninth Air Force, Shaw Air Force Base, SC. He has deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Allied Force, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Inherent Resolve.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
2003 NCO Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2006 Associate in Applied Science degree in Avionic System Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Air Force Institute of Technology, Logistics 262, Yokota Air Base, Japan
2007 Air Force Institute of Technology, Logistics 399, Yokota AB, Japan
2008 Senior NCO Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2011 Chief’s Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2011 Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts, Excelsior College, N.Y.
2013 AFSO21 Senior Leader’s Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2015 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2015 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Middle East and South Asia, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1992 - December 1992, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. December 1992 - May 1993, Student, Communication/Navigation Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. May 1993 - November 1993, Communication/Navigation Specialist, 55th Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, McClellan AFB, Calif.
4. November 1993 - August 1996, Communication/Navigation Specialist, 20th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. August 1996 - June 2000, Communication/Navigation Specialist, 50th Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. June 2000 - May 2005, Flying Crew Chief/Section Chief, 60th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
7. May 2005 - May 2008, Section Chief/Production Superintendent, 730th Air Mobility Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
8. May 2008 - March 2010, Maintenance Flight Chief, 7th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas (September 2009 - March 2010, Maintenance Flight Chief, 451st Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Kandahar AB, Afghanistan)
9. March 2010 - October 2011, Production Chief, 7th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Dyess AFB, Texas
10. October 2011 - March 2013, Superintendent, 7th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Dyess AFB, Texas (January 2012 - July 2012, Superintendent, 379th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron 9th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
11. March 2013 - May 2013, Superintendent, 437th Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
12. June 2013 - December 2014, Superintendent, 437th Maintenance Group, JB Charleston, S.C.
13. December 2014 - May 2016, Command Chief, 461st Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. May 2016 - June 2017, Command Chief, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
15. June 2017 - June 2019, Command Chief, 9th Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
16. June 2019 - present, Command Chief, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with second oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
1997 Airmen Leadership School John L. Levitow Award
1997 463rd Airlift Group Airmen of the Year
2004 60th Air Mobility Wing NCO if the Year
2006 15th Expeditionary Mobility Task Force Senior NCO if the Year
2008 SNCO Academy John L. Levitow Award
2009 Secretary of the Air Force Leadership Award
2009 Lance P. Sijan U.S. Air Force Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2011
(Current as of June 2019)