Brig. Gen. Jeffrey F. Hill is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Intelligence, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. In this position, he augments the Director of Intelligence responsible to the Commander, Air Combat Command, for intelligence policy, weapons system requirements and combat Air Force readiness. He guides intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance tactics, techniques, procedures and training applicable to active and Reserve component Air Combat Command forces worldwide.
Brig. Gen. Hill received his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1990. He began his Air Force career on active duty as an Intelligence Officer assigned as an imagery officer within the 544th Intelligence Wing at Strategic Air Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
He has since served in a wide range of active and Reserve assignments in direct support to squadron, group, wing, headquarters and joint staff to include Intelligence Operations Chief for 302nd Airlift Wing in support of Operations Joint Forge, Coronet Oak and Associate Air Officer Commanding for U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Squadron 22 “Raptors”. Prior to his current position, the general was the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Commander, 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Legal Studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Project Management Professional Certification, Project Management Institute, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2009 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2011 Master of Business Administration, Grantham University, Kansas City, Mo.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Reserve Components National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighting School Hybrid-JPME II, National Defense University, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. July 1990‒February 1991, Student, Intelligence Officer Training Course, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1991‒September 1992, Deputy Chief Analysis Branch, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. October 1992‒October 1993, Chief Presentations and Reports, 6th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
4. November 1993‒December 1994, Deputy Chief Intelligence, 21st Operations Support Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. January 1995‒August 1996, Senior Intelligence Officer, 73rd Space Group, Falcon AFB, Colo.
6. September 1996‒August 1998, Chief Current Systems, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. September 1998‒February 2004, Chief Intelligence Operations, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. March 2004‒February 2007, Chief Foreign Space and Missile Analysis, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. March 2007‒July 2009, Director of Operations, Reserve Intelligence Detachment, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. August 2009‒October 2012, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Chief of Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Strategy and Policy Division, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. November 2012‒November 2013, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Deputy Director of Intelligence, North American Aerospace Defense Command-U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. December 2013‒July 2015, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Director of ISR, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. July 2015‒July 2017, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Commander, 70th ISR Wing, Ft. George G. Meade, Md.
14. July 2017‒present, mobilization assistant to the Director of Intelligence, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
November 2012‒November 2013, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Deputy Director of Intelligence, North American Aerospace Defense Command-U.S. Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Longevity Service Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass and 'M' Device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Navy Expert Rifle Medal
Navy Pistol Shot Medal
Air Force Training Ribbon
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Project Management Institute
Reserve Officer Association
Air Force Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1990
First Lieutenant May 30, 1992
Captain May 30, 1994
Major April 20, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 28, 2007
Colonel July 01, 2013
Brigadier General Nov. 21, 2019
(Current as of January 2020)