Colonel Davies is the Air Force Reserve Advisor to the Commander of Air Combat Command. He assists the Mobilization Assistant in advising the commander and the ACC staff on Air Force Reserve matters by facilitating effective communication among HQ ACC, HQ AFRC, 10 AF, and ACC-partner AFRC units in order to seamlessly deliver combat capability in support of Air Combat Command.
Colonel Davies was born in West Point, N.Y. He was commissioned upon graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy in May 1991. He has served in various operational, logistics and staff assignments, including duty as F-16 instructor pilot and evaluator, assistant operations officer, and maintenance officer. His staff experience includes serving as the Future Plans Branch Chief, as the Deputy Director, Commander's Action Group at Headquarters and finally as the Reserve Support Squadron Commander for Headquarters United States Air Force Reserve Command.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Davies served as the Deputy Commander, 482nd Operations Group and the Inspector General, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla. He is currently on a leave of absence from his civilian occupation as an airline pilot.
1991 Bachelor of Science degree in Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1995 Masters of Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Leadership Today and Tomorrow Course, Washington D.C.
2010 Reserve Component National Security Course, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
2012 Global Change Agent Course, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Mass.
2013 Air War College, by correspondence
1. June 1991 - May 1992, Graduate Assistant Football Coach, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. May 1992 - September 1993, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. September 1993 - June 1994, student and maintenance officer, AMMOC, 388th Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
4. June 1994 - November 1994, Flight Commander, Armament Systems, 388th Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
5. November 1994 - January 1996, Flight Commander, Sortie Support, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
6. June 1996 - February 1997, F-16 Basic Course, 61st Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. February 1997 - January 1999, Chief of Plans and Mobility, pilot, 77th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
8. January 1999 - June 1999, Assistant Chief of Weapons, 77th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
9. June 1999 - June 2000, Flight Commander, 80th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea.
10. September 2000 - March 2002, Flight Commander, 62nd Fighter Squadron, instructor pilot, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. March 2002 - September 2002, Chief of Wing Rated Manning, 56th Operations Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
12. September 2002 - April 2004, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 62th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
13. April 2004 - August 2006, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 62th Fighter Squadron, Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, Luke AFB, Ariz.
14. August 2006 - March 2008, Assistant Director of Operations, 309th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
15. March 2008 - April 2009, Chief of Safety, 309th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
16. April 2009 - June 2010, Chief, Future Plans Branch, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
17. June 2010 - November 2010, Deputy Director, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. November 2010 - May 2012, Commander, 951st Reserve Support Squadron, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
19. July 2012 - April 2014, Deputy Commander, 482nd Operations Group and Inspector/Wing Inspection Team Manager and Planner, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla.
20. April 2014 - Feb 2015, Inspector General, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla.
21. Feb 2015 - Present, Reserve Advisor to COMACC, Langley AFB, Va.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,000
Aircraft flown: F-16B/C/D, T-37/38, AT-38B and B757/767
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Airline Pilots Association (ALPA)
Association of Graduates (USAFA)
Red River Valley Fighter Pilots Associations
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major May 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel April 24, 2009
Colonel April 15, 2014
(Current as of Feb 2015)