Staff Sgt. Kyle Reiley is a member of the United States Air Force's F-35A Lightning II Heritage Flight Team, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona. As an F-35A Heritage Flight team member he is responsible for representing Air Education and Training Command, Air Combat Command, United States Air Force, Department of Defense, and the United States of America at 16 air shows annually. He is one of nine enlisted members of the F-35A Heritage Flight Team and performs maintenance actions on the F-35. By doing so, he ensures Heritage Flight pilots are equipped with a safe and effective jet to execute their mission of showcasing the Air Force’s premier fifth-generation aircraft for millions of spectators each year.
Sergeant Reiley was born in Canoga Park, California. He attended Corona Del Mar School in Newport Beach, California, graduating June 2005. He enlisted into the United States Air Force November 2006. His career includes assignments as a crew chief on the F-15C/D, MQ-1 and F-35A. He has deployed in support of Operation Unified Response and twice for Operation Enduring Freedom.
2011 Airman Leadership School, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
2015 Associate Applied Science Degree, Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1. 2006 – 2009, 33rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron - F-15C/D Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. 2009 – 2011, 849th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron – MQ-1 Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. 2011 – 2014, 18th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron – F-15C/D Dedicated Crew Chief, Kadena Air Base, Japan
4. 2014 – 2015, 56th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron - F-35 Dedicated Crew Chief, Luke AFB, Ariz.
5. 2015 – present, 56th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron - F-35 Heritage Flight Team, Luke AFB, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Nov. 1, 2006
Airman First Class Dec. 15, 2006
Senior Airman April 15, 2009
Staff Sergeant May 1, 2011
(Current as of February 2016)