Chief Master Sergeant John G. Storms is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA. He advises the commander and staff on matters influencing the health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of all assigned personnel. The command operates more than 1,000 aircraft, 35 wings, 11 bases, and 1,348 units at more than 300 operating locations worldwide with 159,000 total force military and civilian personnel. As the Combat Air Forces lead agent, ACC develops strategy, doctrine, concepts, tactics and procedures for air-, space-, and cyber-power employment. The command provides conventional and information warfare forces to all unified commands to ensure air, space, cyber, and information superiority for warfighters and national decision-makers. The command can also be called upon to assist national agencies with intelligence, surveillance and crisis response capabilities.
Chief Storms joined the Air Force in June 1992 and graduated Security Specialist Technical Training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He has held numerous positions at squadron, group, wing and MAJCOM levels.
Prior to his current position, Chief Storms was the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Ninth Air Force (Air Forces Central), Shaw AFB, South Carolina. He has deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, Resolve Support, and Allies Refuge.
1996 Airman Leadership School, McGuire AFB, N.J.
1996 U.S. Army Air Assault School, Fort Drum, N.Y.
1998 Associate Degree, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
1999 U.S. Army Airborne School, Fort Benning, Ga.
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2004 U.S. Army Jumpmaster School, Fort Benning, Ga.
2007 Ground Defense Command Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2016 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, USAF JAG School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course II
2019 Keystone, National Defense University, Washington DC
1. June 1992 – August 1992, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. August 1992 – September 1992, Security Specialist Technical Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. September 1992 – October 1992, Air Base Ground Defense School, Level 1, Fort Dix, N.J.
4. October 1992 – May 1994, Security Specialist, 36th Security Police Squadron, Bitburg AB, Germany
(October 1993 – January 1994, Security Specialist, 4407th Support Squadron, Riyhad Air Base, Saudi Arabia)
5. May 1994 – October 1997, Security Controller, 305th Security Forces Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
(October 1994 – December 1994, Team Leader, 621st Tanker-Airlift Control Element, Kuwait City international Airport, Kuwait)
6. October 1997 – September 2000, Technical Training Instructor, 342d Training Squadron, Camp Bullis, Texas
7. September 2000 – January 2002, Operations NCO, 820th Security Forces Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
(August 2001 – November 2001, Operations NCO, 75th Expeditionary Group, Cairo West Air Base, Egypt)
8. January 2002 – May 2004, Stan-Eval NCO, 820th Security Forces Group, Moody AFB, Ga.
(March 2003 – April 2003, Operations NCO, 407th Air Expeditionary Group, Baghdad International Airport, Iraq)
9. May 2004 – January 2006, Flight Sergeant, 824th Security Forces Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
(June 2004 – October 2004, Squad Leader, 447th Air Expeditionary Group, Baghdad International Airport, Iraq)
(May 2005 – September 2005, Flight Sergeant, 506th Air Expeditionary Group, Kirkuk Regional Air Base, Iraq)
10. January 2006 – March 2008, Security Forces Inspector, Headquarters Air Combat Command Inspector General, Langley AFB, Va.
11.March 2008 – July 2011, Operations Superintendent, Regional Training Center Superintendent, Security Forces Manager, 786th Security Forces Squadron, Sembach Annex, Germany
(October 2008 – December 2008, Security Superintendent, 357th AMD-D, Site 512, Israel)
12. July 2011 – July 2012, Security Forces Manager, 379th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Southwest Asia
13. August 2012 – August 2014, Security Forces Manager, 628th Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
14. August 2014 – August 2015, Superintendent, 65th Mission Support Group, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
15. August 2015 – August 2016, Security Forces Manager, 86th Security Forces Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
16. August 2016 – September 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 93d Air Ground Operations Wing, Moody AFB, Ga.
17. September 2017 – September 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force – Levant, Southwest Asia
18. September 2018 – July 2020, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Twelfth Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
19. July 2020 – June 2022, Command Chief Master Sergeant, United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT), Shaw AFB, S.C.
20. June 2022 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with three oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal with Valor Device and oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
2003 NCO Academy Distinguished Graduate
2004 Air Combat Command Outstanding Security Forces Flight Level NCO of the Year
2005 820th Security Forces Group Senior Enlisted Lance P. Sijan Award
2010 435th Contingency Response Group Senior Enlisted Lance P. Sijan Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Sep. 1, 2011
(Current as of June 2022)