This page provides current and pertinent links to available information in the event that ACC and its personnel experience hurricane conditions. The links will better prepare Airmen and their families if a hurricane strikes your area.
Current HURCON condition: No Hurricane Condition
Open Shelter condition: No shelters activated
Please verify and update AFPAAS by logging into the Air Force Portal
HURCON 5 (96 hours prior)
1. Monitor weather stations
2. Review family/personal plan
3. Inspect/inventory shelter or evacuation kit
4. Check vehicles, prescriptions and food
5. Brief family members on situation
6. Determine plan for pets
7. Ensure vehicle and generator fuel tanks are full
HURCON 4 (72 hours prior)
1. Ensure you have completed all steps/precautions listed for HURCON 5
2. Continue to monitor local T.V. and radio
3. Prepare home for hurricane
4. Clear yard of loose materials that could possibly turn into projectiles
5. Update Air Force Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (AFPAAS)
6. Identify closest shelter
HURCON 3 (48 hours prior)
1. Ensure you have completed steps/precautions listed for HURCON 4 and 5.
2. Monitor weather stations.
3. Finish preparations for storm.
4. Gather evacuation items.
5. Secure home and belongings.
6. Prepare for potential evacuation.
HURCON 2 (24 hours prior)
1. Ensure you have completed all steps/precautions listed for HURCON 3, 4 and 5.
2. Monitor T.V. and radio
3. Brief family members on evacuation/ride out plan.
4. If going to a shelter, don't forget evacuation/shelter kit.
5. Remain in shelter until released by proper officials.
HURCON 1 (12 hours prior)
1. Ensure you have completed all steps/precautions listed for HURCON 1, 2, 3 and 4.
2. Evacuate if still safe to do so.
3. Monitor T.V. and radio.
4. Remain in shelter until released by proper officials.
5. If not sheltered, find shelter immediately, or prepare to “ride-out” in your home.
HURCON 1C (Caution)
1. Winds of 40-57 mph sustained are occurring.
2. All outside activity is prohibited.
3. Remain in shelter until released by proper officials.
4. If not sheltered, find shelter immediately.
HURCON 1E (Emergency)
1. Winds of 58 mph sustained and/or gusts of 69 mph or greater are occurring.
2. Remain in shelter until released by proper officials.
HURCON 1R (Recovery)
1. Surface winds in excess of 58 mph are no longer occurring and storm has passed.
2. Non-essential functions remain closed unless directed otherwise by the wing commander.
3. All but emergency personnel remain in quarters until further notice.
4. If evacuated do not return to base until directed to do so.
Do you know your evacuation route? Click here to find out.
VA Department of Emergency Management