Air Force issues “Dr. Love” Risk Management Video Challenge
By Susan Merhege, Air Force Safety Center Occupational Safety
/ Published July 03, 2018
KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE, N.M. -- Airmen around the globe now have the chance to create their very own “Risk Management in 45 Seconds or Less” video. The opportunity for Airmen to unleash their imagination and join in the fun is a result of the “Dr. Love” Risk Management Video Challenge, being held in conjunction with the Safe + Sound campaign August 13-19.
The humorous and wildly popular risk management videos put out by AF Risk Management Program Manager, Leonard “Dr. Love” Jones, have been playing on the American Forces Network, Air Force Safety Center’s public website, social media, Occupational Safety SharePoint, and YouTube since April of 2016.
Airmen will have full creative control over their content, style and tone, but are reminded that their video is to help identify risks associated with working for the Air Force.
All videos must be submitted by July 30 and the winner will be announced during National Safe + Sound Campaign activities being held the week of August 13-19.
Here are the rules for the videos:
1. Be safe. Don’t get hurt or hurt others in the filming of your safety video.
2. Do not use copyrighted materials in your video to include music or other media, brand name products, etc.
3. No use of sex, vulgarity, violence or profanity.
4. Ensure there are no OPSEC or PII violations. If the submitter has any concerns regarding violations, contact their local Public Affairs office or chain of command prior to submission.
5. Ensure your video is 59 seconds or less and filmed in high definition.
The Air Force is partnering with Occupational Safety and Health Administration on the Safe + Sound campaign, a nationwide event to raise awareness and understanding for the value placed on safety and health programs in the workplace.
The winner will receive a starring role in a future risk management video with Dr. Love.
Submit videos to the Air Force Occupational Safety SharePoint site under the Safe + Sound page. For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.