JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va. --
General Mark D. Kelly, commander of Air Combat Command (ACC), announced the recipients of ACC's 2021 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year, First Sergeant of the Year Award, Officer of the Year Award, and the Civilian of the Year Award on April 29, 2021 here.
These awards are presented to the Airmen excelling in specific acts of outstanding achievement, performance and exceptionally meritorious service.
The 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year Awards were presented in the following categories:
- Amn: Staff Sergeant Kaelob T. King, 325th Civil Engineer Squadron, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
- NCO: TSgt Kelli A. Floyd, 20th Contracting Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- SNCO: SMSgt Corie M. Hudson, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
The First Sergeant of the Year Award was presented to:
- SMSgt Chris Fabela, 633d Civil Engineer Squadron, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
The Officer of the Year Awards were presented in the following categories:
- CGO: Capt. Chelsea L. Ross, United States Air Force Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Operations School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- FGO: Maj. Jessica Zembek, 379th Expeditionary Communications Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
The Civilian of the Year Awards were presented in the following categories:
- Civ Cat 1: Ms. Melissa L. Nielsen, 482d Attack Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- Civ Cat 2: Ms. Meredith V. Schmieder, 53d Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- Civ Cat 3: Mr. Frank W. Dannals, AFCENT A5, Shaw AFB, S.C.