Commander, Air Combat Command
Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
CG - Air National Guard Forces Assistant to COMACC - Maj. Gen. Floyd Dunstan
CR - AF Reserve Mobilization Assistant to COMACC - Maj. Gen. John Breazeale
DS - Director of Staff - Col David R. Gunter
IA - Political Advisor - Mr. Thomas K. Gainey
A1 - Directorate of Manpower and Personnel - Col Tiaa Henderson
A2 - Intelligence Directorate - Col. Abraham Jackson
A3 - Directorate of Air and Space Operations - Brig. Gen David G. Shoemaker
A4 - Directorate of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection - Brig. Gen. Jennifer Hammerstedt
A5/8/9 - Directorate of Plans, Programs and Requirements - Brig. Gen. Christopher J. Niemi
A6 - Communications Directorate - Col Jeffrey A. Phillips
A10 - Director of Strategic Deterrence & Nuclear Integration- Mr. Lawrence Averbeck
FM - Comptroller - Col. Jack P. Gardner
HC - Command Chaplain - Col. Trent Davis
IG - Inspector General - Col. David G. Austin
JA - Staff Judge Advocate - Col. Tyson D. Kindness
PA - Director of Public Affairs - Col. John J. Sheets
ST - Scientific Advisor to the Commander - Dr. John D. Matyjas
SE - Director of Safety - Col. Joseph Augustine
SG - Command Surgeon - Col. WIlliam Malloy
HO - Command Historian - Mr. Michael Dugre
AMIC - Acquisition Management & Integration Center - Mr. Timothy Applegate
CDO - Command Data Officer -
CDIO - Command Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Ms. Andrea Contratto
Timothy M. Applegate, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Acquisition Management and Integration Center, Headquarters Air Combat Command (ACC), Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA. He is responsible for a total acquisition portfolio of more than $20 billion. Mr. Applegate is the ACC senior business and technical manager of all services acquisitions for major operations and maintenance programs, command Advisory and Assistance Services, and command strategic sourcing. Leadership responsibilities include cradle-to-grave acquisition, program management and operations of weapon systems, in support of MQ-9 Reaper remotely piloted aircraft maintenance, War Reserve Materiel, Combat Air Forces Contracted Air Support (AdAir), Counter Narcotic & Global Threats, Counterdrug Forward Operating Locations, Nellis Backshop and T-38 Aircraft Maintenance Programs, North Warning System, Precision Measurement and Equipment Laboratories, Aerial Targets, and other multi- functional programs.
Mr. Applegate retired as a Colonel in the United States Air Force in June 2013 and has over 34 years of acquisition and contracting expertise. He entered the Air Force in 1987 as a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy and has served in a wide variety of military and civilian positions. Mr. Applegate has commanded a squadron and an expeditionary group, served as a deputy maintenance group commander and deputy director of an acquisition center and director of a DoD acquisition directorate. He also performed executive officer and military assistant duties for the Director of Logistics, HQ United States Air Forces Europe and Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting), Pentagon, Washington, D.C., and was the Chief, Projects Team, SECAF/CSAF Executive Action Group, Headquarters AF, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.. Prior to his current position, Mr. Applegate served as the Director, Contracts Management Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). In this capacity, he was the Senior Procurement Executive and Head of Contracting Activity representing DARPA in all acquisition issues with the Department of Defense.
Mr. Applegate is a member of the Defense Acquisition Corps and is Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level III certified in Contracting. He is currently a member of National Contract Management Association's (NCMA) Board of Advisors and a previous Director on the Board and has served as President of the Dover Delaware Chapter. He earned the prestigious Certified Professional Contract Manager certification in 1995.
1987 Bachelor of Science in Human Factors Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1995 Master of Arts in Procurement and Acquisition Management, Webster University, Webster Groves, Mo.
2000 Advanced Program Managers Course Graduate, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2008 Senior Acquisition Course Graduate, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2008 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Leadership for a Democratic Society Executive Program, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2016 APEX DoD Senior Executive Service Orientation Program, Washington HQ Service, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
2019 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives (CPI-E), Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
2020 AF Senior Leadership Orientation Course (SLOC), Joint-Base Andrews, Md.
2021 AF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2022 Program for Executives in Logistics and Technology (LOGTECH), University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. May 1987 - March 1997, various operational and systems level contracting assignments.
2. March 1997 - July 1998, Executive Officer, Director of Logistics, HQ United States Air Forces Europe, Ramstein AFB, Germany.
3. July 1998 - November 2000, Contracting Staff Officer, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Contracting), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
4. November 2000 - November 2001, Military Assistant, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
5. November 2001 - March 2004, Commander, 436th Contracting Squadron, Dover Air Force Base, Del.
6. March 2004 - January 2006, Deputy Commander, 89th Maintenance Group, Andrews AFB, Md.
7. January 2006 - July 2007, Chief, Projects Team, SECAF/CSAF Executive Action Group, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. August 2007 - June 2008, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2008 - June 2010, Deputy Director, Acquisition Management and Integration Center, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
10. June 2010 - May 2013, Director of Contracting, HQ Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
11. July 2013 - April 2015, Deputy and Acting Director, Acquisition Directorate, Washington Headquarters Services, Washington, D.C.
12. April 2015 - March 2018, Director, Contracts Management Office, DARPA, Arlington, Va.
13. April 2018 - Present, Director, Acquisition Management and Integration Center, Headquarters ACC, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1987 - Present, Member United States Air Force Academy Association of Graduates
1995 - Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM), NCMA
1998 - Contracting, Level III, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2018 - 2021 Member, Board of Directors, NCMA
2021 - Present, Member, Board of Advisors, NCMA
(Current as of August 2022)